E-mail MeShane D. Colton
877-413-7681 (Toll Free)
Shane was raised in the Central Montana farm and ranch community of Denton. He obtained a Bachelor of Science degree, with honors, in Public Administration from Montana State University in 1991. Shane obtained his law degree from the University of Montana School of Law in 1996. In 1999, he joined the firm which later became Edmiston & Colton.
In law school, Shane received several awards for students with a demonstrated interest in public service, including a Balfour Fellowship from the fraternal order of Sigma Chi, and the Karl Karlberg Memorial Scholarship. Shane has spent over a decade representing Montanans against insurance companies. Shane is admitted to practice in front of Montana State and Federal Courts. He is a member of the American Association for Justice and the Montana Trial Lawyers Association.
An avid outdoorsman and committed conservationist, Shane served eight years on Montana’s Fish, Wildlife and Parks Commission. He volunteers his time on the board of Family Promise of Yellowstone Valley.
Areas of Practice
- 40% Personal Injury
- 20% Wrongful Death
- 30% Motor Vehicle Accidents
- 10% Medical Malpractice
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Montana, 1996
- U.S. District Court District of Montana, 1996
- University of Montana School of Law, Missoula, Montana - 1996
- Honors: Balfour Fellowship, Fraternal Order of Sigma Chi
- Honors: Karl Karlberg Memorial Scholarship
- Montana State University
- B.S. - 1991
- Honors: With Honors
- Major: Public Administration
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Montana Trial Lawyers Association, Member