- Managing Partner
Shane was raised in the Central Montana farm and ranch community of Denton. He obtained a Bachelor of Science degree, with honors, in Public Administration from Montana State University in 1991. In 1996, Shane obtained his law degree from the University of Montana School of Law, where he was recognized for academic success and exceptional leadership. In 1999, he joined the firm which later became Edmiston & Colton.
Shane has spent over two decades representing Montanans against insurance companies. Shane is admitted to practice in front of Montana State and Federal Courts. He is a member of the American Association for Justice, the Montana Trial Lawyers Association, and perhaps more interestingly, Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association.
An avid outdoorsman and committed conservationist, Shane has served ten years on Montana’s Fish and Wildlife Commission. Shane and his wife Gina, a clinical social worker, volunteer their time on the boards of Montana Land Reliance, Tumbleweed, and CASA of Yellowstone County. When she isn’t birdhunting, Shane’s English Setter Ridley serves as the office greeter.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury 40%
- Wrongful Death 20%
- Motor Vehicle Accidents 30%
- Medical Malpractice 10%
Areas of Practice
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Montana, 1996
- U.S. District Court District of Montana, 1996
- University of Montana School of Law, Missoula, Montana
- Honors: Balfour Fellowship, Fraternal Order of Sigma Chi
- Honors: Karl Karlberg Memorial Scholarship
- Montana State University
- B.S. - 1991
- Honors: With Honors
- Major: Public Administration
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Montana Trial Lawyers Association, Member