Jake Schwaller was born in Bozeman and raised in East Helena, Montana. He played football and graduated with honors from the University of Mary in 2011 and then completed graduate studies at the University of Idaho in 2014. Every summer throughout college and graduate school, Jake worked as a commercial salmon fisherman in Bristol Bay, Alaska. In this experience he saw his crew suffer from work-related injuries and even sustained an injury himself. This ultimately led to his desire to advocate for the injured.
In law school, Jake was a member of the competition Trial Team all three years. He was president of the Student Chapter of the Montana Trial Lawyers Association and Business Editor for the Public Lands and Resources Law Review. Upon graduation, Jake received awards for distinguished achievement in trial advocacy from the International Academy of Trial Lawyers as well as the Dean of Students Award for Highest Academic Achievement in Negotiations.
After completing law school, he moved from Missoula to Billings to clerk for the Honorable Judge Gregory Todd. As a clerk, he was exposed to all areas of the law and gained a unique perspective into how judges make rulings in cases. Jake then practiced as a deputy county attorney for Yellowstone County, where he took multiple cases to jury trial and advocated for victims of violent crime. He looks forward to applying his skills to help clients through all stages of negotiation and litigation.
Jake is an avid outdoorsman and enjoys archery, fly fishing, skiing, and avoiding grizzly bears in the backcountry.
- Alexander Blewett III School of Law at the University of Montana, Missoula, Montana
- University of Idaho, Moscow, Idaho
- M.A., Master of Arts - 2014
- Major: Master of Arts, English
- University of Mary, Bismarck, North Dakota
- B.S. - 2011
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: English
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Montana Trial Lawyers Association, Yellowstone Area Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Judge Gregory Todd, 2018
- Deputy Yellowstone County Attorney, 2019
Pro Bono Activities
- Montana High School Mock Trial, Billings Coordinator
- Yellowstone County DUI Task Force