Colton Holm
Colton Holm

Call Now For A Free Consultation
(406) 213-7770

Fighting For Montana Oil Field Workers

  • On Behalf Of Colton Holm
  • Published: October 10, 2014

Accidents in the oil fields can result in serious injury, permanent disability and even death. Those who work in these hazardous jobs have the right to compensation if they are injured on the job. Workers’ compensation covers medical expenses, lost wages, disability and retraining benefits for Montana workers. Death benefits are available when a worker is killed on the job.

But employers and their insurers do not always voluntarily pay all the benefits that you are entitled to. They may dispute the extent of the injury or the need for certain benefits. They may argue that a medical condition or occupational disease is not related to your employment. An experienced workers’ compensation law firm can help make sure you get the benefits to which you are legally entitled.

Workers’ compensation is not necessarily the only source of compensation for an injured worker in Montana. While the workers’ compensation laws generally prohibit a lawsuit against the employer when benefits are paid, you do have the right to sue non-employer third parties whose negligence caused or contributed to the accident.

In the oil field setting, there are often multiple contractors, subcontractors and other parties at the worksite who may be at fault in an accident. In addition, manufacturers or suppliers can be held responsible if defective equipment played a role in an injury or death. In a lawsuit against a third party you can claim damages over and above what is available from workers’ compensation.

Our law firm has been representing injured people since 1987. We have the resources and experience to help victims and their families cope with the aftermath of an oil field accident.

Source: For more information about oil field accidents, see our website.

Colton Holm

At Colton Holm Law Firm, we look forward to learning
how we can help you resolve your legal concern.
Call us today: (406) 213-7770