Colton Holm
Colton Holm

Call Now For A Free Consultation
(406) 213-7770

Fighting For Montana Victims Of Uninsured And Hit And Run Drivers

  • On Behalf Of Colton Holm
  • Published: August 12, 2015

When an individual is injured in an auto accident caused by a negligent driver, Montana law allows that individual to sue the negligent driver and recover monetary damages. These damages provide compensation for losses including medical expenses, lost income from work and pain and suffering. These damages can be significant and, in virtually every case, they are paid by the negligent driver’s automobile liability insurance company.

But what if the negligent driver had no insurance? What if they fled the accident scene and were never identified? In cases like these the Billings Edmiston and Colton Law Firm can help. We are well-versed in the nuances of automobile insurance law and one of the first things we will do in an auto accident case is identify all policies of insurance that may be available to pay damages. Even if a negligent driver did not have automobile insurance, in some cases there may be another policy – through a family member or some other source – that will provide coverage.

We also know how to collect damages from the injured party’s uninsured motorist coverage. Uninsured coverage is required by Montana law in every automobile policy unless the customer rejects it. Uninsured coverage will pay, up to the policy limits and subject to any deductible, the damages caused by an uninsured driver that should have been paid by that driver’s liability coverage. It is also available in cases involving unidentified hit-and-run drivers. Many drivers also carry underinsured coverage, which protects injured victims when the negligent driver has some liability insurance but not enough to cover the damages caused.

For more information about how we can help Montana victims of automobile accidents, please visit our web page.

Colton Holm

At Colton Holm Law Firm, we look forward to learning
how we can help you resolve your legal concern.
Call us today: (406) 213-7770