Colton Holm
Colton Holm

Call Now For A Free Consultation
(406) 213-7770

Montana Deputy Recovering From Severe Car Accident Injuries

  • On Behalf Of Colton Holm
  • Published: December 12, 2013

Car accident injuries can have a significant impact on a person’s life. One man who knows this all too well is a Flathead County Sheriff’s Deputy who suffered severe injuries in an off-duty auto accident caused by a negligent driver in August of this year.

The deputy was on his way home from a friend’s house in Kalispell when the accident happened. He had not been drinking, and he was driving at the posted speed limit on U.S. 93 as he headed to his home in Whitefish. Suddenly a car driven by a 27-year-old Kalispell woman crossed the grassy median and crashed into him in a head-on collision.

Emergency responders had to cut the deputy out of his car. He suffered a broken wrist, right heel, right kneecap, left tibia and left femur. His femur – the large bone in the upper leg – had to be reset at the accident scene with no painkillers. He almost bled to death from the femur wound.

Several months later, doctors have told him to expect to lose 25 percent of the mobility in his feet and 10 percent in his wrist. They have advised him he will experience pain and stiffness for the rest of his life. He has no feeling in the thumb and two fingers of his right hand, which means he cannot use his service handgun-a disability that, if it doesn’t improve, may prevent him from returning to full duties at the Sheriff’s Office.

When a car accident victim suffers devastating injuries like this, they can bring a lawsuit against the negligent driver and claim damages for disability, pain and suffering and loss of future earning capacity. No amount of money give back to the victim the life they once had. But in many cases financial compensation can help them to live a full and productive life.

Source:, “Deputy recovering from severe crash injuries,” Jesse Davis, Dec. 7, 2013

Colton Holm

At Colton Holm Law Firm, we look forward to learning
how we can help you resolve your legal concern.
Call us today: (406) 213-7770