Colton Holm
Colton Holm

Call Now For A Free Consultation
(406) 213-7770

West Billings Crash Sends Man To Hospital

  • On Behalf Of Colton Holm
  • Published: January 3, 2013

A recent intersection collision in west Billings sent a man to the hospital. Fortunately, his injuries are not considered life-threatening. The car accident happened around 6:30 p.m. at the intersection of King Avenue West and South 56th Street West. A truck towing a trailer was traveling south on 56th and, according to the Montana Highway Patrol, failed to yield the right of way at the intersection with King. The victim was driving east on King and collided with the trailer.

Intersection collisions are among the most common types of car accidents. If the intersection is controlled by a stop sign, a yield sign or a traffic light, drivers are obligated to obey those signs or lights. If there is no sign or traffic light controlling an intersection, Montana law requires that vehicles yield to other vehicles approaching from their right. At a four-way-stop sign, the driver who gets to the stop sign first has the right of way, and can proceed after making a complete stop.

Drivers are obligated to operate their vehicles with the same level of care a reasonable person would exercise in the same circumstances. Failure to do so is considered negligence. Failure to obey any traffic sign, signal or law can also be considered negligence. If a driver’s negligence causes or contributes to an accident, that driver can be held accountable in a civil lawsuit to anyone injured in the crash.

In a civil lawsuit, the injured victim is entitled to claim damages for out-of-pocket expenses such as medical bills and lost income, as well as for pain and suffering. The insurance company covering the negligent driver will be obligated to pay any such damages, up to the coverage limits of the policy.

Source:, “Man injured in crash in west Billings,” Dec. 20, 2012

Colton Holm

At Colton Holm Law Firm, we look forward to learning
how we can help you resolve your legal concern.
Call us today: (406) 213-7770