Colton Holm
Colton Holm

Call Now For A Free Consultation
(406) 213-7770

Billings Car Accident May Have Involved Drunk Driving

  • On Behalf Of Colton Holm
  • Published: October 27, 2016

Drunk driving is a serious problem in Montana. When a person chooses to get behind the wheel of a vehicle after having too much to drink, they put the safety of everyone else on the road at risk.

Recently a woman was injured in Billings in what may have been a drunk driving accident. According to a news report, the accident took place recently at an intersection. A pickup collided with a mini van that was eastbound on one of the streets. The mini van was slowing down to turn right on the other street when the collision occurred. The pickup went off the road after the crash.

Police took the driver of the pickup to the DUI center. A woman in the mini van was transported to a local hospital by ambulance. Her injuries were fortunately not life-threatening.

When a drunk driver injures someone in a car accident, the victim has the right to sue for damages. If the victim proves negligence, he or she can seek compensation for pain and suffering, medical expenses and lost income due to the accident. The negligent driver’s insurance company will be liable for payment of all damages up to the limits of the policy.

In some cases it may also be possible to recover damages from a bar or restaurant that served alcohol to the drunk driver. The victim can recover if they can prove the bar or restaurant provided alcohol to a person who was visibly intoxicated. They can also recover if they can show the establishment served a person they knew was underage, or did not act reasonably to determine if they were of legal age.

It is important for victims of drunk drivers to know their rights under the law. An experienced personal injury attorney can provide guidance and advice.

Source:, “Minor injuries in possible DUI crash in Billings,” Oct. 23, 2016

Colton Holm

At Colton Holm Law Firm, we look forward to learning
how we can help you resolve your legal concern.
Call us today: (406) 213-7770